Monday 26 July 2010

Graduation Day.....

Am very proud of my niece Amy. In fact, I'm proud of all my nieces - Kirsty, Emma, Kim  &  Jacqui - just in case any of them ever read this! Last week was graduation day for Amy as she left Liverpool with a 2.1 BA Hons in History. The sky duly emptied as I arrived at Lime Street and didn't stop until long after I had left for home. There were flash floods in Liverpool - unbelievable. However, the weather failed to dampen a wonderful day.

We had a lovely meal afterwards in the Everyman Bistro. I had the Greek lamb stew which was delicious. Didn't have time for dessert though so will have to go back another time. Haven't been to the Everyman since I went to see Stephen Sharkey's  - The May Queen. Anyhow, the day soon ended and I found myself back on the train to Stafford.

So where are we? Well.... the plan was to move to Cumbria by August and we are still very much focused on that. Just waiting for the final bits of paperwork to slot onto place and then we are off. The house is half empty as some of our stuff is already in Alston. The rest is boxed up and ready to go. We are literally just waiting for a date and then we will be off. There is no panic though as we have let the house from October so we can hang on longer if we need to. Its exciting now as we are able to start to make plans about what we want to do with the house. Mark is even making hopeful sounding mutterings about an AGA but we will wait and see. Am looking for a reconditioned one but even they are expensive so will have to wait. Perhaps by my next post we will have moved.....who knows?

3 comments:

  1. you will need an AGA in Alston, believe me!!

    Welcome to the area! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Irene, Sorry I never replied to your question about letting the house. If it is any use to you I did not use an agent as the margins money wise would not have worked and I am an ex surveyor and quite confident in stuff like that. Having said that, if I had the money I would have probably used an agent to save me some hassle. Hope your tenants are OK, make sure you get lots of photos and produce a detailed schedule of what is in the house and its condition then get it signed by all, in my limited experience it saves any arguments later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments. We still haven't moved and I am starting to feel frustrated but I'm sure things will just happen when they need to. An AGA is top of my list but is in direct competition with a new boiler! We shall have to see which one wins!! And as for taking lots of photos, I agree. But that happens to be my lovely husbands domain :) so will leave him to sort that out. Looking forward to meeting new friends when we eventually move!

    ReplyDelete