Monday 29 November 2010

The White Stuff

I have just been reminded by the lovely Ruth that I haven't posted up any snowy pictures....so here goes..

The River South Tyne

View of the back of house (with the arch window) from Tyne Willows

The signal box at Alston railway station

These were taken yesterday, we have had at least another 4 inches since then and it is still snowing....The children have been very happy - an impromptu day off school and a town full of snow! Lots of fun to be had and snowmen to be built.

Hoping that the builders will be back on Wednesday to do the floor in Daisy's room and make a start on the downstairs room. Perhaps we might start making some progress. I was hoping to have the downstairs room finished for Christmas but now I'm not sure that we will be able to complete it in time. My sister in law says she wants to sleep in the kitchen next to the Aga anyway so perhaps I shouldn't worry about having it finished!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, got "the white stuff" too. I think your sister in law has the right idea....sleep in the kitchen next to the AGA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it actually. Although ask me again in a couple of weeks and I might be sick of it! Kids are off school again so I think its time to get the Christmas decorations out and start letting them get 'Christmas Creative!' There will be no room next to the Aga, the dog is permanently glued to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous snowy pictures, I think snow is magical because everywhere immediately looks different. Amazing really x

    ReplyDelete