Wednesday 9 February 2011

Sew and sew...

Spent a lovely couple of hours in Just Sew in Penrith today. The wonderful Pat gave a small group of us (3!) some great personal tuition in getting to know our sewing machines better. I can't believe how much I managed to learn in such a short time and will definitely be heading back to do some more one day courses. On leaving the shop I was tempted to buy all sorts of beautiful fabric (they have an amazing collection of stock) but I held of. I need to do some more practicing first before I let myself loose on new fabric! I did buy some more needles though so that I am actually able to practice!




Forgot to report back on the lemon & lime marmalade...it was very nice but needs a little less lime and a little more sugar....was inspired to make some grapefruit marmalade (think I've been bitten by the marmalade bug!) and it was.......also very nice. Am thinking about making some jam now as I saw an interesting recipe for rhubarb and ginger jam...mmm..sounds delicious but I think I will wait until the price of rhubarb goes down....currently £5.35 kg...

2 comments:

  1. I really like Penrith, me and Ed have often said we will retire there. I have never stumbled across Just Sew though. I will hunt it out next time I am there (which might be months as I am silly busy at the moment).

    My mum is great at sewing and is currently making me lots of curtains, bunting and seat covers. I must learn one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I desperately need to learn to sew some curtains. They are a fortune to buy made to measure and as the house is so old, a lot of the windows are not of a standard off the shelf size. I'm looking out for someone local who would be willing to teach me!

    ReplyDelete