Wednesday 30 May 2012

All sorts and out of sorts....

Spent much of the day listing items on ebay that should have been put on months ago. Another one of those....'I'll get around to it....' activities. The sudden change in weather has made me feel not so bad about being inside and getting on with all the boring jobs. The money is to go towards our Europe trip so I suppose the incentive was there to get me motivated.
'Gunter Bus' as its now known is having a service tomorrow and then after that...the open road beckons...at least the M6 and then the A590 to Barrow in Furness! Our maiden voyage (or trial run!) is to a lovely campsite http://www.walneyislandcaravanpark.co.uk/ where we are hoping to meet up with some friends for a few days. We're hoping it will give us chance to see what is missing from the bus or if there is anything that we can really do without.

The gorgeous weather has meant that much of my time has been spent out in the garden. Long overdue TLC was needed as well as a good soaking of protective oil for the decking. It is looking good though and I had a nice time planting the boxes up. The flowers are just starting to come out now.




Whilst I was spending so much time on the computer today, I cam across some photographs that  I had meant to post a little while back. In an earlier post I mentioned finding a fireplace in what was being used as a utility/downstairs toilet room. The work is now complete and the original grate has now been restored. I cleaned the old paint off the surround and then waxed it to match the cupboard doors. Then I went a little mad with some silver leaf but I did have a good time doing it and it IS an original now! The builder did a great job reconstructing the wall above the fire and I'm really happy with it. Mark installed a light inside it to which looks great in the evenings. The children are BANNED from this room ... well...most of the time....




 
It just wouldn't seem right not to include a food item so.....inspired by the Hairy Bikers, 


I made James their version of Black Forest Gateux for his 10th birthday. It was delicious. Just look at the photo and imagine. Enough said.



No comments:

Post a Comment