Friday 4 March 2011

Project number 2...

Finally finished a cardigan that I have made for myself out of one of my charity shop finds -A bag of 10 balls of one of  Louise Hardings yarns - Jasmine. I paid £3 for the lot and it was beautiful to knit with. I added some vintage buttons (another charity shop find) and made a small decorative brooch using a knitting nancy that my daughter got for Christmas. The pattern is from a book out of the library. In total, the cardigan cost me £3.50. Bargain.


Not the most flattering picture as it doesn't really show the quality of the yarn which is a mixture of cotton, bamboo & silk.

Off to see what else I can finish....

3 comments:

  1. Absolute Bargain!
    Nice header too..
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Its my favourite picture of our house - I still can't believe we are lucky enough to live here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say 'hello' and that I'm pleased to have found your blog. I know Alston from holidaying in Kirkland, Cumbria for about 5 years in a row. It became a tradition each year to visit Alston because it was such a lovely little town, with the most amazing scenic drive to get there. You are lucky to live in such a lovely place. I shall pop over to see you on a regular basis now that I've found y.

    ReplyDelete